After nearly three weeks, I've finished completely rebuilding the Android version of BattleScribe from the ground up. I think it really needed it - the original version wasn't very nice to look at and in some places was pretty poorly put together (it was my first Android app, I was learning!).
This new version is much easier on the eye, with a cleaner interface - hopefully it's easier to figure out what's going on. There are also some new features to help you import data files and share your rosters with others. Other than that, the main screen for editing your roster works pretty much the same as before. I've got some ideas on how to improve this page in the future though, so keep an eye out.
To celebrate, I will be having a sale: BattleScribe Mobile Pro will be just 99p for a week, so get it while it's hot!
I will be adding BattleScribe Mobile to the Amazon app store and others over the coming days if you prefer not to use the Google Market.
Here's some screenshots of the new look (full change list below):
- Completely new "black on white" user interface, making it much cleaner and more readable.
- New "getting started" screen to help you find and set up data repositories.
- Long-click on individual selections to view or duplicate them.
- BattleScribe now lets you open any roster file it finds on your SD card (not just ones in the BattleScribe folder).
- BattleScribe will now open and import rosters/data files downloaded from websites or stored on your SD card.
- New sharing options to send your roster file via email or bluetooth.
- New sharing options to send your roster as text/HTML/BBCode/Markdown via email, social networks or to other apps.
- (Hopefully) many minor bugs no longer exist.
- (Probably) some new minor bugs have been introduced - please let me know if you have any problems!
- Updated help documentation on the website.
- Shiny new logo!