The new version is finally here, with the main addition being the ability to add and remove forces to/from your roster as you create it, which was badly needed. There are also some additional minor changes and a big pile of bug fixes.
The other big thing is that BattleScribe has now moved to a free/pro model, where the free version is supported by advertising and the pro version has some additional features. You can now purchase a pro license key from the shiny new store and for the first month it will only cost you £0.99 - get 'em while they're hot! For more details on the advertising, take a look at the previous blog post.
Here's what's in the release:
- Pro: Added a dice statistics tool much like on mobile.
- Ability to add or remove a force from an existing list.
- Force Types can now have min/max points/selections/percentage. This is validated on a per-force type basis.
- Output files are now saved with the XML formatted and indented by 2 spaces. Great for those using version control for their data repositories.
- You can now import a downloaded .bsi index file from the Manage Data screen.
- Small improvement to View Roster output where if a rule's name is the same as the parent selection's, it will output a '*' instead of the full rule name.
- Catalogue-level rules are now always outputted when viewing a roster, even if they have no description.
- Added validation to prevent circular references in catalogue file shared items - this would cause Roster Editor to crash when loading the file.
- Fixed crash when opening rosters with multiple forces.
- Various bug fixes around shared items and modifiers
- Fixed bug where min/max in roster wasn't working for shared entries.
- Probably some other minor bug fixes I don't remember...