- BattleScribe now requires Java 7 - go to www.java.com to update if you think you need it (or if you're unsure).
- Fixed issues launching BattleScribe on Windows 10 - you might need to manually re-install using the Windows setup.
- Auto-update will now work on Mac OSX, using the Mac installer disk image.
- Windows auto-update now uses the Windows setup for cleaner updates.
- Fixed clicks not working on the "update available" and advert images on OSX.
- Changed the style of the Mac version as the libraries required are no longer being maintained by the author. On the plus side, this reduces the size of the download significantly.
This has been a slight detour from the main project at hand: a big rebuild of several core components of the "engine". This coming update is intended to bring BattleScribe to a state that can better support future updates and improvements. The main people this will effect will be the data authors out there - I hope this should solve some long-running requests, or at least provide a platform to solve these issues in future.
It's a big job and has been in the works for several months now, but things are starting to come together. I'm currently "rewiring" the desktop interface to work with the new engine, so I should have a beta ready Soon™. The desktop version will remain in beta until the mobile versions can be completed, with a view to releasing all three versions (desktop, Android, iOS) at once.
I won't give you any predictions on time to release, but do know that Progress is being made!