Sunday 14 November 2010

Forum Down For Maintenance (Updated)

The BattleScribe forum is going to be down for the next hour or so. This is because I want to move the news blog onto a Wordpress install on my web host, rather than use this external Blogger site. Both the forum and the Wordpress blog will need to share my one available MySQL database, and as luck would have it, Wordpress thinks the name of the existing database is too long. Nothing's ever easy is it?

I need to take down the forum, rename the database to something shorter and then bring it back up again. Hopefully shouldn't be longer than an hour or so, as long as I don't screw anything up too bad.

Wish me luck, and thanks for your patience.

Update: Looks like I'm restricted to one database, and Wordpress and the forum can't share. Oh well this will have to wait for another time. Forum back up and running.