Tuesday 27 July 2010

What's Next?

So, I've had a busy weekend and a hectic few days at work so I haven't had much time to put into BattleScribe the last few days. I have to say, it's been a great release of version 1.02b - I think the number of downloads has doubled in the last four days! A big thank you to everyone who has posted comments and praise on the various forums and on UserVoice - it's great to hear that people are finding BattleScribe useful. Special thanks goes to Jeremy Olsen (aka ancientsociety on Dakka Dakka) for posting up a review on his blog.

What's next then? Over the course of the next week I intend to get all the suggestions made in the forums onto UserVoice so they can be voted on. I'll also start accepting the ones that are going to be included in v1.03b. I want to make v1.03b a fairly small release mostly concentrating on bug fixes. I know there are a few problems with v1.02b crashing here and there and I want to get this resolved as soon as I can. There will be a few new features included too, but smaller ones that allow for a wider variety of game systems to be supported.

I won't be starting development of the next version quite yet. To be honest with you I'd like a bit of a break as v1.02 was quite a biggie and I haven't gotten around to painting any toy soldiers for a while now. I have an entire 1000pt Space Wolves army still on the frame that I want to spend some time on, after finishing off a couple of chimeras I'm almost done with...

Overall then, I'll mainly just be getting BattleScribe v1.03b organised over the next week or so before I begin development. Keep your votes and ideas coming in over at the UserVoice page - I'll be using the votes as an indicator of what to include in the release.

Over and out.